Many colleges and universities, professional associations, and corporations offer college scholarships to high school students on FIRST teams. This is official recognition of the knowledge and technical and life skills these students have gained from participating in a FIRST competition. For 2012, we currently have over 153 scholarship providers that are making available over 686 individual scholarship opportunities with a total value of nearly $15 Million! As the season progresses, more scholarship providers will be joining our program. So keep checking back here to see new scholarships!
- Vary from one-time awards of $1,000 to full four-year tuition (estimated at $160,000)
- Are typically merit-based and cover a broad range of scholastic abilities
- May be for STEM majors (60%); or for any course of study (40%)
- Are usually for use at a specific college/university, but a few can be used at any school
- Each have unique eligibility requirements, deadline dates, and application procedures